Often a key barrier that keeps prospective clients from initiating contact with an advisory firm is apprehension of the unknown consequences which may result from making that contact.
In order to remove that apprehension, we have outlined below the typical process that takes place from the time a prospective client initiates contact with our firm. It is also important to re-emphasize here that Vinoy Capital only looks for and accepts clients who are a good fit with our firm and business model, and that determination is made jointly by both the client and our firm via mutual agreement. It is not our firm’s policy to continue contacting a prospective client who we have determined is not a good fit for our firm, or who has determined that our firm is not the right advisor for them. This policy allows for any individual, family or institution to initiate contact with us with the confidence that both parties are looking for a match and will not aspire to stay in touch if that match is determined not to exist.
The typical steps to becoming a client of Vinoy Capital are as follows.
- Prospective client contacts Vinoy via phone, email, or website inquiry, unless initial contact is made via a direct introduction from a client or friend of Vinoy.
- Initial discussion takes place to understand prospective client’s objectives and determine if potential exists for a match with Vinoy. If so, Vinoy will share sample client agreement, fee schedule and disclosure documents with prospective client, and prospective client will often share current investment statements with Vinoy for review at the same time.
- A follow up and more detailed discussion takes place in the format of a conference call, video call, virtual meeting, or office meeting to discuss in more depth the advice and services desired by the prospective client and the advice and services provided by Vinoy. A mutual determination is then made on whether to continue forward into a client agreement.
- A client agreement is executed outlining which Vinoy services (investment advice, strategic planning, or both) will be provided to the client by Vinoy. Vinoy then initiates and completes process of transferring client accounts to a primary custodian or arranges to manage client funds at existing custodian.
- Client completes Vinoy’s web-based, scientific volatility profile and then has an additional discussion with Vinoy on the details of how client’s specific accounts will be managed. Any strategic planning requested by client will also take place at this time.
- Vinoy begins management of client’s accounts and keeps client updated via web-based performance system, email updates, video and audio calls, virtual meetings, and/or office meetings at appropriate intervals.
To initiate contact with our firm, simply click on the link below to enter your basic information, and someone from our firm will be in touch with you very soon. Thank you for considering Vinoy Capital as your potential advisor.